Hooking up with an Ex
It can be so easy to fall back into old habits. Especially when you’re thinking with the wrong head. It’s this blogger’s opinion that hooking up with an ex is a one-way gutter to heart/headache.
Let’s imagine a scenario:
You’re online and horny (as always), and whoop!, his profile pops up. You chat, in a just-catching-up kind of way. So far, so civil. But at some point, the fact that you’re both looking for a little of the ol’ down’n’dirty is going to come up. And sure, there can be some pros to hooking up with an ex:
- No one else is online (or on the prowl), so why not?
- Your history together allows for a shorthand that takes all the bullshit out of cruising.
- There’s no guesswork in how to please each other sexually (you’re both looking to hook-up, afterall.)
These are some pretty attractive pros for a simple hookup. But do they outweigh the cons of hooking up with an ex:
- Some exes get inappropriately jealous when they discover you’ve picked up a few new tricks since the breakup.
- After some great sex, he wants to re-examine the baggage until the scars bleed. You lie in bed having to endure it.
- You forget why you broke up in the first place, so decide to start hanging out again… for about a week, at which point it all comes back to both of you like a shitnami of total recall. This “2nd breakup” is worse than the first, leaving you with nothing but: Regret, regret, regret.
All this, for one night of shagging? Not worth it. If you’re capable of maintaining any sort of peaceful relationship with an ex, well, all the power to you. But if you can keep him out of your life, even better.
If you can keep him out of your life and bed—even bestest!