I’m not gonna lie, I’m totally biased towards open relationships. I can’t imagine living in a world without them. I’m not always in a relationship, but when I am it’s usually open. Otherwise I’d likely burst.
Here’s something I generally notice about people in open relationships: they’re so laid-back, without sexual hangups, and they usually have better sex lives. It’s certainly common in our community, and no wonder—
- Sex is always exciting. Nothing freshens up the routine like a new routine.
- We learn new tricks from different partners, tricks we can bring home to loverboy.
- That destructive J-word (jealousy) is gagged.
- We get laid more often.
- We make more connections for group sex.
How can anything be negative about this?! In my own little fantasy world I like to imagine that playing the field makes me a more well-rounded kinda guy (although that could just be wishful thinking on my part…)
To be fair, I suppose I should be listing some cons. So here’s where you just gotta suck it up:
- Maybe he’ll cross pass with someone “better” and leave you.
- Maybe he’ll do things with another guy that he won’t do with you.
- Maybe he’ll bring home a disease.
Meh. Maybe, maybe, maybe. The thing is, if your relationship is solid to begin with, these cons are a non-issue. Much of the resistance against open relationships stems from the jealousy factor, which is always unhealthy anyway.
This kind of thing isn’t an anomaly. We all know how we like to get around. If it’s not what you want, just say so up front. Your guy will either play ball or you can find someone who will, no harm done. Be honest about your expectations and I’m sure you’ll find what you’re looking for.
But isn’t life too short not to have as much cock as you can get, while you can still get it?
Don’t bother ringing my bell—the door is always open.
Find a new playmate today at GayFriendFinder.com!